Billy Edwards was sentenced to 15 years in prison for paying the father of a 15-year-old to have sexual contact with the minor.
Edwards pleaded guilty in June to charges of commercial sex trafficking, coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in prostitution. He is also charged for possessing firearms as a convicted felon.
In Edward's plea, he acknowledged that he began paying the child's father in 2014.
The child's father pleaded guilty to coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in prostitution, and his sentencing date has not yet been set. He pleaded guilty to a separate charge in 2017 for illegally entering the U.S. after having been previously deported.
- Huntsville man sentenced for child-sex trafficking in Madison County
- Huntsville man pleads guilty in federal child sex trafficking case
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Wednesday at 6: Sex trafficking on the rise in Huntsville
- Decatur man pleads guilty to federal kidnapping, child sex-trafficking charges
- Huntsville man, victim's father face federal charges in sex trafficking case
- Man arrested in Madison for child pornography
- Man accused of plotting terror attacks in Madison County sentenced
- Madison County sheriff charges man with child sexual abuse
- Huntsville man charged in Madison murder