Giles County authorities said they've arrested a Huntsville man who was wanted on several burglary charges and had escaped from a bounty hunter in Madison County.
Courtney Adam Thompson, 41, is charged with aggravated burglary and theft in Giles County. He was arrested at a home on Lloyd Road July 5.
The Giles County Sheriff's Department said they had received information that Thompson was in the county and that he may have been armed.
Madison County Sheriff's Office Lt. Donny Shaw said they had receiving stolen property and burglary warrants for Thompson dating back to April.
On June 19, bonding company employees went to pick Thompson up in the 5000 block of Seay Road, Shaw said. There was a scuffle and Thompson escaped, hitting one of the employees a glancing blow with his vehicle as he drove away, Shaw said. He said the bounty hunter shot at Thompson as he drove off.
The vehicle was later found at the state line and Thompson was gone, according to Shaw. Deputies got a new warrant for reckless endangerment for Thompson.
He also is wanted by authorities in Coffee County, Ala., Tennessee authorities said.
Giles and Maury County authorities went to the Lloyd Road address and took Thompson into custody without incident, authorities said. They also said they found several items reported stolen in some residential burglaries and methamphetamine, marijuana and a firearm. Two other people in the home also were arrested, they said.
Thompson is being held without bond, according to Giles County jail records. Once he's settled his charges there, Shaw said he would be extradited to Madison County to face charges.
- Huntsville man jailed in Tennessee on burglary charges
- Florence man charged in Tennessee police pursuit
- Tennessee man is in jail after investigations of theft
- Madison police charge man in vehicle burglaries
- Huntsville man charged with forgery
- Update: Missing Huntsville teen found in Tennessee
- Huntsville man arrested for burglary at Budget Inn in Elkmont
- PHOTOS: 'Masked' Tennessee burglary suspect turns out to be raccoon
- Police release photos of Huntsville burglary suspect
- Huntsville Police trying to identify burglary suspect