A man charged with murdering his elderly mother was indicted by a Madison County grand jury.
The grand jury determined there was enough evidence to move forward on a trial against 58-year-old Donald Mann. He was arrested on January 22, 2018 and charged with murdering Betty Scalf, 83, by strangling her with his hands.
At the time of his arrest, Huntsville Police told WAAY 31 that Mann confessed to strangling his mother.
Mann was indicted on November 30, 2018 and is being held in the Madison County Jail on a $75,000 bond.
His next court date has not been set.
- Huntsville man indicted for strangling, murdering his mother
- Huntsville man charged with strangling mother
- Huntsville man accused of strangling woman to death
- Man indicted for 2017 murder, arson
- Man Indicted for DeKalb County Murder
- Former Huntsville nurse indicted for murder in husband's poisoning
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Court documents: Huntsville man arrested for strangling girlfriend, killing dog has violent past
- Huntsville man accused of killing with a hatchet indicted on capital murder charge
- Huntsville man indicted for murder of veteran in hit-and-run