A Huntsville man is recovering after Huntsville Police said he was shot early Thursday morning.
Officers were called to the Ashford Terrace Apartments on Wynn Drive for a shooting call around 3:35 a.m. When they arrived, they found a man with a gunshot wound to his stomach.
Investigators said earlier in the morning, the 27-year-old victim picked up an "unknown male" at a gas station at the corner of Henderson and University and drove him first to "an undisclosed location" and then to the Ashford Terrace Apartments "because the victim's girlfriend needed her car back to go to work."
Police said at that point the suspect and the victim started to argue and the suspect refused to leave. He told the suspect that he "wasn't going to drive him anymore." That's when investigators said the supect shot the victim and ran from the apartment complex.
He was rushed to Huntsville Hospital by ambulance in critical, but stable condition and went into surgery.
Police then set up a perimeter and began searching the surrounding area for the shooting suspect and brought in a K9 unit to help with the search.
So far no arrest has been made. Huntsville Police said the susptect was last seen wearing a red hoodie and black jeans. If you know anything about the shooting, please contact Huntsville Police.
- Huntsville man in serious condition after early morning apartment shooting
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Man in critical condition after early morning shooting
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit
- Man forced from small apartment in early morning fire
- Woman shot in the head during early morning Huntsville shooting
- One person hospitalized after Huntsville apartment shooting
- Wednesday morning road conditions
- 1 dead in early morning Huntsville wreck
- Huntsville Fire responds to early morning fire