A Huntsville man is charged with murder after police said he admitted strangling his mother at their north Huntsville home.
Donald Marlon Mann, 58, was arrested early Monday morning and charged with the murder of his mother, Betty Scale, 83.
Police responded to an unattended death call at the home on 2913 Ford Place Sunday and found Ford's body. Mann was not at the home at the time, police said.
After finding Mann, police said he confessed to strangling his mother.
Investigators said they believe Scale was killed several weeks ago. Police also say Mann was living with his mother recently.
WAAY 31 talked to several neighbors in the area today.
They told us that the neighborhood is quiet, and most of the people who live there are retired or young children.
Michael Washington owns a home on Ford Place, and he said that even after he found out what happened to Scale, he is not afraid.
"I feel safe in this area, always. I rent a home over here, and no one that I have rented to before has ever had a problem of this sort. It's a very safe area," Washington said.
Police did not release a possible motive for the killing.
- Huntsville man charged with strangling mother
- Huntsville man indicted for strangling, murdering his mother
- Huntsville man accused of strangling woman to death
- Court documents: Huntsville man arrested for strangling girlfriend, killing dog has violent past
- Huntsville man charged with forgery
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Man charged with Thursday shooting in Huntsville
- Man charged with murder in Huntsville
- Huntsville man charged with child porn possession
- Huntsville police charge man with murder