Huntsville Police arrested Darelle Martin, 31, Wednesday after he shot an assault rifle at several men Wednesday afternoon.
Huntsville police were called to the 2200 block of Dogwood Lane about 3 pm.
Police said Martin told them the unidentified men tried to make entry into his home. Police said that's when Martin said he started shooting at them with an assault rifle, and they ran back to their vehicle.
Police said after the unknown men drove off, Martin kept shooting the assault rifle - striking two houses in the process.
Officers arrived and Martin surrendered without incident.
Investigators obtained a search warrant and seized several weapons and drugs from Martin's home.
He is facing charges of discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling or vehicle and discharging a firearm into an unoccupied building.
Martin's bond hasn't been set at this time.
Huntsville Police said Martin could face more charges.
- Huntsville man arrested after shooting neighbors’ homes with assault rifle
- Huntsville Police arrest man following hammer assault
- Man with rifle shoots 3 police officers in Kansas City
- Dick's to stop selling assault-style rifles in its stores
- Neighbors concerned after another shooting at Huntsville apartment complex
- Man shoots cousin in Huntsville
- Neighbor describes Christmas Eve shooting
- Huntsville neighbors speak out about the arrest for the 2017 shooting
- Police identify owner of rifle that killed Huntsville teen
- Huntsville Police issuing rifles to all officers; upgrading range