Court records show a man is facing a murder charge after strangling a Huntsville woman to death in November on Sullivan Road.
Otis Terrial Nelson is charged with murder in the death of Mary Washington. Washington was found dead in her home Nov 9 after receiving a call that she was unresponsive in her home.
The Madison County Coroner's Office at the time called the death suspicious in nature, and autopsy results showed that Washington died as a result of strangulation, and the case was ruled a homicide days later.
Nelson was booked in the Madison County Jail on a $75,000 bond Nov 14. A preliminary hearing is set for Jan 10.
WAAY 31 was unable to obtain Nelson's booking photo through the Madison County Jail as of Friday.
- Huntsville man accused of strangling woman to death
- Huntsville man charged with strangling mother
- Woman strangles bobcat to death in front yard in Georgia
- Huntsville man indicted for strangling, murdering his mother
- Court documents: Huntsville man arrested for strangling girlfriend, killing dog has violent past
- Man accused of strangling his girlfriend and killing her dog turned himself in
- Police: 81-year-old strangled girlfriend because 'she was evil'
- Help Huntsville police find woman accused of cashing stolen checks
- Family, friends mourning Huntsville woman's death after fatal house fire
- Huntsville woman charged with murder in August death