Around 10 am on Saturday neighbors called 911 when they saw smoke and flames coming from a home on Battle Street off Carolyn Drive in north west Huntsville.
Firefighters responded to the call and they tell us no one was inside at the time of the fire. The house is still standing but the inside has been completely destroyed.
"I was heading to Red Cross to give blood. My uncle called and told me the house was on fire so I came back to the house," said Michael Langford.
WAAY 31 spoke with family members and they said the house originally belonged to their mother. Michael Langford lived inside of the house for 11 years. He lived with his brother and nephew. He's still positive because the house is still standing and no one was hurt.
"With the church's help and Red Cross, we can get everything back together," Langford said.
The house next door also had minor damage.
Firefighters are still working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Huntsville house fire leaves inside destroyed
- Fire leaves a house destroyed in St Florian
- Man found dead inside Huntsville house fire, arson investigation underway
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- Huntsville fire: Abandoned home destroyed in structure fire
- New Huntsville Dollar General replaces one destroyed in a fire
- VIDEOS: Century-old Huntsville home destroyed in fire