The house fire started just before 3 p.m. at the corner of Weatherly Road and Lily Flagg Circle and it took roughly an hour and a half to get under cotrol.
The woman who lived there was able to make it out safely with her dog, but her home was severly damaged.
The Red Cross is providing assitance for her Monday night.
The Huntsville Fire Department told WAAY 31 that it took so long to fight the fire, because it was difficult for Firefighters to get around inside the home when they first arrived.
That meant that the 8 Huntsville Fire Department crews on scene had to fight the fire in a defensive manner.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Huntsville home severely damaged by fire
- Albertville home severely damaged in overnight fire
- Severe storms damage several homes, structures in Jackson County
- Huntsville family displaced after stove fire damages their home
- Huntsville storage units damaged in overnight fire
- Decatur home on Somerville Road experiences severe storm damage
- Center Star home damaged by fire
- Dryer fire damages home, displaces family
- Late night fire damages Hartselle home
- Early morning fire damages Madison County home