Deputies in Lexington County, South Carolina say they captured a Huntsville man who was wanted on a federal court bond violation.
Brandon Gentle, 32, was captured after deputies responded to a call of a suspicious vehicle. When deputies responded one of them was able to identify him, but Gentle tried to run away from the scene. He was captured a short distance away from the initial scene.
“Based on what we’ve confirmed about Gentle, he has no ties to the area,” said Lexington County Sheriff Jay Koon. “It seems as though he was just randomly passing through on the run.”
Authorities say Gentle was out on bond after being charged with conspiracy to distribute prescription narcotics.
Despite the foot pursuit, Koon says Gentle will not face any charges in the county.
- Federal fugitive from Huntsville captured in South Carolina
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- City of Huntsville facing federal lawsuit
- South Carolina Senate mulling ban on nearly all abortions
- South Carolina city council OKs slavery apology resolution
- Man faces murder charge in ambush of South Carolina officers
- South Carolina inmate sentenced in Florence drug murder
- Tua Tagovailoa has career day in South Carolina
- Escaped inmate captured
- Exclusive: security video captures burglary at Huntsville restaurant