Huntsville firefighters battle fire at local motel

A fire broke out at Haven Inn overnight Friday. Huntsville Fire crews said one person was taken to the hospital.

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 5:39 AM
Updated: Jan 25, 2019 12:04 PM

Huntsville Fire & Rescue are investigating a fire at a Huntsville Motel.

It happened around 2:30 Friday morning at Haven Inn in the 1300 block of Memorial Parkway. Huntsville fire confirms one person was taken to Huntsville Hospital for smoke inhalation.

The fire totaled one room and the electricity to the building impacted two others. The fire was ruled accidental, said Capt. Frank McKenzie.

Huntsville
Mostly Cloudy
62° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 62°
Florence
Partly Cloudy
68° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 68°
Fayetteville
Mostly Cloudy
64° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 64°
Decatur
Partly Cloudy
63° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 63°
Scottsboro
Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 67° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 61°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events