Huntsville fire: Burning wire for copper sparked shed fire

McKenzie reminds residents that burning is not allowed within the city limits.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 11:31 AM
Updated: Sep 25, 2019 11:50 AM

Huntsville Fire and Rescue says a man burning wire to sell for copper lead to a shed catching on fire.

Firefighters responded to the 3800 block of Pinedale Drive about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, said Capt. Frank McKenzie, department spokesman.

He said the fire spread across grass to the shed.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no other structures were damaged.

McKenzie reminds residents that burning is not allowed within the city limits.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Overcast
45° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 45°
Florence
Clear
46° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 41°
Fayetteville
Clear
45° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 40°
Decatur
Clear
44° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 44°
Scottsboro
Overcast
45° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 45°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

Community Events