WAAY 31 talked to a family member of Shawn Bones, the Taco Bell employee that was murdered.
Sheree Bone King told us they're still trying to figure out what the fight between Bone and another employee was about.
"This boy just had so much anger towards my cousin. That he felt the only thing you can do to make your is to shoot him and kill him? All he was doing was his job," she said.
"He always had that big beautiful smile. That's always i'm going to remember that smile," King said.
She grew up with Shawn Bone and always thought of her cousin as a little brother.
King was still in shock to hear that a fight led to him being shot in the parking lot the taco bell he worked at.
"Why didn't you just leave? You could have walked out and just leaved. Quit and go home. And then my cousin would still be here right now with us," she said.
Police have charged 22-year-old Pete McCullough with his murder.
King told me Bone's mother was told her son was shot multiple times.
"Why did he shoot my baby that many times all up in here. She said he didn't have to do that. Sheree, he didn't have to do that. She said now both my babies is gone," King added.
This isn't the first time the family has felt loss. More than 15 years ago Bone's older brother was shot and killed.
Earlier this year King told us another family member was murdered.
"My cousin Devonte Bone just got murdered back in March and we just celebrated his birthday yesterday so my family has been through a lot this year," she said.
The family told me they're leaning on each other for support.
"We just got to be there as one family and just be there for each other when we need that one shoulder to cry on," King said.
Huntsville Police told us Pete McCollough fled from the Taco Bell after the shooting.
However, a short time later he turned himself in at the north precinct.
- Huntsville family remembers employee killed at Taco Bell
- Huntsville Taco Bell reopens after deadly shooting
- One person dead after shooting at a Huntsville Taco Bell
- Taco Bell now has a vegetarian menu
- Huntsville employees remember IHOP boss killed in shooting
- Former employees remember man killed in Huntsville IHOP shooting
- Taco Bell to roll out $1 nacho fries
- Woman celebrates her 101st birthday at Taco Bell
- Tortilla shortage hits North Alabama Taco Bell locations
- Taco Bell commits to reducing antibiotics in its beef