WAAY 31 learned new plans for the $350 million development on the site of the former Madison Square Mall.
There are now plans to add entertainment to MidCity Huntsville.
Developers said an 8,500 seat amphitheater, an indoor performance center, a recording studio, and a restaurant by the Country band Rascal Flatts will also have live music are being built at the development.
The new announcements fit in with the City's requirement for 70% of businesses built at MidCity to be new Huntsville.
It's unclear if artists and bands brought to the different venues will be local or from out of town.
A spokeswoman for the developers told me they are still working on finalizing details of the newly released concepts.
A timeline for when the newly announced entertainment venues will be opened have not been released.
- Huntsville development adding multiple music venues
- Huntsville's 'Musical Audit'
- Huntsville music survey closes Monday
- Multiple shootings in north Huntsville over weekend
- Huntsville Police searching for multiple theft suspects
- Multiple weather-related wrecks reported in Huntsville
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- New hotel announced for MidCity Huntsville development
- North Huntsville Industrial Park development filling up
- Huntsville church offering free workforce development training