Huntsville Parks and Recreation is getting ready to kick off its "#GoPlayHsv Challenge."
The challenge starts on July 1 and lasts the entire month. Every week, the city will host events and physical activities to let you know about exercise opportunities in Huntsville.
For the challenge, all you have to do is attend a weekly activity, snap a picture, and post in on social media using the #GoPlayHsv. Organizers say they want to motivate people to not only improve physical health, but also mental health.
"Besides losing weight or lowering your blood pressure, you're getting your brain going. Just being outside can make you feel really great," said Ashlee Polesak with Huntsville Parks and Recreation.
Each week in July, a winner will be selected from the social media posts and will get a special prize from a local business.
- Huntsville announces #GoPlayHsv Challenge
- SPHL's 'Challenge Round' makes history in Huntsville
- Doug Jones announces Huntsville campaign stop Wednesday
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- New hotel announced for MidCity Huntsville development
- Facebook's official announcement on Huntsville Data Center
- Arts Huntsville announces state-funded initiative
- Huntsville to host the NASA Space Apps Challenge hackathon event
- Huntsville native's '50-yard Challenge' inspiring others to do good deeds
- Huntsville officials announce new automotive supplier locating in city