Today veterans in Huntsville got their questions answered about medical care.
The Huntsville Veteran Affairs Clinic held a town hall and resource fair this morning. Leaders explained the new veterans appeals modernization act-- which started in February of this year. The act speeds up the process for a medical appeal to be reviewed. They also learned about where they can get urgent care.
One Vietnam veteran told WAAY 31 he's thankful VA leaders are making medical help more accessible.
"People who have the authority to provide the needs for soldiers. They are doing it! They aren't just talking about it, but they are doing it through action. I've seen it through my own eyes," said veteran Charles Powell.
Veterans also learned about all the services available to them in Huntsville, and about military cemeteries.
- Huntsville VA Clinic holds town hall
- Huntsville VA clinic holds first veteran job fair
- Senator Doug Jones to hold town hall in Huntsville
- Rep. Mo Brooks to hold town hall in Decatur
- State lawmakers hold town hall ahead of legislative session
- Doug Jones solo at Huntsville town hall Tuesday
- Doug Jones speaks to hundreds at Huntsville town hall meeting
- Huntsville VA celebrates National Women's Health Week
- Parents voice concern at Huntsville City Schools town hall following bad state report card