Huntsville Utilities issued this press release Saturday morning:
There is a power outage in the Gurley area from Sharps Cove Road south to Highway 72 and from Brownsboro Road east to the Jackson County Line. Crews have been dispatched and service will be restored as quickly as possible. The cause is unknown at this time.
Following severe thunderstorms that passed through Madison County Friday night and the early hours of Saturday morning, Huntsville Utilities’ Electric Crews are working multiple outages scattered across Madison County.
The fast moving weather system with high winds has left behind down trees and limbs which damaged electric equipment.
While Electric Crews have worked throughout the night to restore service; the morning daylight will allow restoration efforts to move quickly as safely possible as damage is continued to be assessed.
Huntsville Utilities’ Electric Crews will continue to work throughout the day until all affected customers have been restored.
Customers can access service outages on our Outage Map, found here: https://www.hsvutil.org/outagemap/
- Huntsville Utilities working on multiple power outages after Friday night storms
- Huntsville Utilities reporting multiple power outages
- Huntsville Utilities responds to scattered power outages
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities responding to Madison power outage
- Huntsville Utilities: Power outages "likely associated with Tropical (Depression) Barry"
- Huntsville Utilities says damage from lightning strikes caused power outages
- Huntsville Utilities responds to Owens Cross Roads power outage
- Huntsville Utilities: Outage impacting more than 1,000 northwest Huntsville customers
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Update: Decatur Utilities restores powers after large outage