Huntsville Utilities is receiving numerous reports of scammers targeting customers over the phone, according to a press release issued by the company Saturday.
The scammers call and threaten customers with imminent disconnect unless the customers pays with a pre-paid debit or gift card, said Todd Long, company spokesperson.
In some cases, the caller ID is spoofed to read “Huntsville Utilities.”
Huntsville Utilities does not call customers and threaten imminent disconnect, nor do we ask for payment with pre-paid cards, Long said.
Anyone who receives such a call is asked to hang up and contact Huntsville Utilities at 256-53-LIGHT.
- Huntsville Utilities warning customers about disconnection threats
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scammers using Cash App
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam
- Decatur Utilities warns customers about scammers
- Huntsville Utilities: Outage impacting more than 1,000 northwest Huntsville customers
- Huntsville Utilities warning about new texting scam
- Huntsville Utilities warns against scam activity
- Some Huntsville Utilities customers getting new HVAC units
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase