UPDATE: Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville Police Department spokesman, has identified the man who was shot at 55-year-old Dewayne Smith.
Huntsville Police are investigating a death of a man who was found with a gunshot wound early Saturday morning.
Officers arrived at a home in the 2200 block of La Salle shortly before 4 a.m. where they found the body of a 55-year-old man with a gun shot wound.
Police took his wife into custody, but said in a statement that no arrests or charges have been made in the case.
The department is working to notify the victim's family and is withholding his name until that process is complete.
Investigators said that there is "a history of domestic violence at this location with those involved."
WAAY 31 will update this story throughout the day with new information.
- UPDATE: Huntsville Police identify man shot on Saturday
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police need help identifying this man
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Huntsville police: Man shot after confronting suspects
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify victim in overnight murder
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit and killed
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck
- Huntsville Police trying to identify theft suspects
- Huntsville Police trying to identify burglary suspect