Huntsville Police said the officer who was shot was released from Huntsville Hospital early Monday morning. The identities of that officer as well as the man who was killed have not yet been released.
A Huntsville Police officer has been shot.
The officer survived the shooting. But, he was rushed to Huntsville Hospital.
The shooter is dead.
Public Information Officer Sgt. Jonathan Ware says the officer was shot in the leg and will be okay.
The shooting happened on Savoy Circle NE in Huntsville. That’s near Old Gurley Rd NE. The neighborhood is across Highway 72 from PPG Industries.
Sgt. Ware tells us officers responded to a home after getting a complaint of a domestic disturbance. When they arrived, there was an exchange of gunfire between the officers and one of the people at the home. The man who shot at police was fatally wounded, according to Ware. That man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Huntsville Police have set up a staging area at Shields Road and Highway 72.
Earlier tonight, WAAY 31 viewers contacted us about intense police and emergency medical activity in the area near Savoy Circle NE in Huntsville.
Huntsville Police continue their investigation into this officer-involved shooting.
WAAY 31 is working to find out more about this developing story.
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Huntsville police getting more officers
- Huntsville police: Man shot after confronting suspects
- Mobile Police Officer shot and killed
- Mobile police officer shot and killed
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers
- Huntsville police officers cleared in deadly shooting
- Huntsville police officers receiving crisis intervention training
- Officers graduate from Huntsville Police Academy