A Huntsville mom has words for the person who hit her son on his bike and took off.
"How can you live with yourself knowing you hit someone and you don't even know if they're okay. If they're alive now or not," said Brandy Hill the victim's mom.
The hit and run happened on Triana Boulevard and Fouche Road, and that's right near Johnson Road in Huntsville.
The teen's parents want the person who hit him to come forward.
"He said you know mom when a car's racing and they just gun it to go really fast. Well that's what the person did," said Brandy Hill.
Around 8:00 a.m. Monday evening, Brandy Hill told me her 14-year-old son was riding his bike along Triana Boulevard.
Hill wasn't there when her son was hit, and said she was in shock when she got the call.
"My heart dropped. You know..My first questions was are you okay where are you and what happened?, " Hill said.
A driver waved him across the road, so Hill's son went to go across.
"He said they didn't stop. He rolled over the hood of the car. And they ran over the bicycle.'
Hill said Huntsville Police and paramedics responded and checked out her son.
They determined he was okay..
Investigators are still looking for the car that hit him, and that leaves Hill worried that this could happen again.
"What if they do this to someone else's kid you know or anybody period, " he said.
If you have any information about the hit and run, then you are asked to call Huntsville Police.
- Huntsville Police looking for driver that hit teen
- Huntsville police: Driver critically injured after hitting parked vehicle
- Huntsville police searching for driver in hit-and-run on cyclist
- Huntsville police: Driver who hit and injured pedestrian not expected to face charges
- Huntsville police say vehicle, possible driver located in hit-and-run investigation
- Huntsville police: Intoxicated driver crashes into police vehicle
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Muscle Shoals police officer hit, injured by suspected impaired driver
- Police: Driver performed life-saving measures after wreck in Huntsville
- Huntsville police: Robbery suspect found with stolen truck, driver's license