Huntsville police are investigating after a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg early Wednesday morning.
Officers found the victim keeping pressure on the gunshot wound when they responded to an apartment in the 4500 block of Patton Road about 2:30 a.m.
The victim told police he and a neighbor went to investigate a bang after getting home from work, said Lt. Michael Johnson, police spokesman.
He told police he saw two suspects – both black men in their 20s, about 6 feet tall with medium builds and the faces covered – spray painting a security camera. When the victim confronted them, he was told to mind his own business.
The victim said he looked back when he to his doorway and saw one of the suspects shooting at him. Multiple shots were fired but he was struck only once.
The suspects then ran east away from the apartments.
Johnson said a K9 officer and K9 found an AR-15 style rifle near the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Huntsville police: Man shot after confronting suspects
- Huntsville police: Suspect shot man during confrontation about bullying
- Coroner: Woman shot in confrontation with Huntsville police has died
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Police: Man shot while sitting in Huntsville parking lot
- Huntsville Police: man shot while driving on Avondale Drive
- UPDATE: Huntsville Police identify man shot on Saturday
- Huntsville police investigating after man followed woman, shot at car
- Huntsville police: Woman killed in confrontation with officers told them to shoot her