As Huntsville Police investigators continue to search for a suspect in a double homicide, investigators have released the names of the victims.
Around 5 p.m. on Friday, officers said a child approached witnesses at the Merrimac Manor mobile home park on Triana Boulevard. The child reportedly said that there were two dead people in the home.
When investigators arrived at the mobile home, they found the bodies of Shawntia Jackson, 22, and Dajun Hardy, 24.
As of early Monday morning, Huntsville Police have not released the cause of death for either Jackson or Hardy, but the Madison County Coroner told WAAY 31 that autopsies were scheduled for both later in the day.
Zyrus Andrews, a friend of Hardy, told WAAY 31 on Saturday that he saw bullet holes in the glass of the home when he went by the residence. Huntsville Police have not confirmed that Jackson and Hardy were killed by being shot.
- Huntsville Police identify victims in double homicide
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Athens Police identify double homicide victims
- Huntsville police identify victim in Sunday homicide
- Family talks about Guntersville's double homicide victims
- Vigil held for homicide victims in Huntsville
- Victim identified in deadly Huntsville house fire
- Huntsville apartment complex murder victim identified
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify victim in overnight murder
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck