Huntsville Police booked Samuel Williams, 33, on Tuesday after he was involved in a shooting on New Year's Eve at Club 3208 on Long Avenue.
The suspect and another individual had a confrontation in front of the club. According to Huntsville Police, Williams went into the parking lot and got an AK-47 from a car and started firing off shots.
Williams received felony charges for shooting into an unoccupied vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was also charged with two misdemeanors for menacing and reckless endangerment.
Police say he was taken to the hospital after being shot by an armed security guard and was released Tuesday. No one else was injured.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Huntsville Police at 256-427-7270 or 256-722-7100.
- Huntsville Police charge suspect after New Year's Eve nightclub shooting
- Private security officer stops shooting suspect at Huntsville nightclub
- Police: Two women sought for questioning after Huntsville nightclub shooting
- Huntsville Police swarm apartment complex after New Year's Eve shooting
- Shots fired at Huntsville nightclub overnight
- Nightclub shooter arrested
- Weather postpones Huntsville New Year's Eve celebration
- Huntsville police: Suspect charged, officer on leave after shooting
- Neighbor describes Christmas Eve shooting
- Downtown Huntsville New Years Eve party prepares for cold weather