Photo Gallery 3 Images
Huntsville Police arrested and charged Scott Crook, 40, for possession of a forged instrument 1st degree and theft by deception 1st degree Friday morning. He was apprehended after an anonymous tip from a citizen.
Crook was sought for the passing of counterfeit $100 bills. Videos and photos were released by Huntsville Police in October from the Firehouse Subs on Carl T. Jones Drive where Crook used a fake $100 bill for a purchase fow which he received change back.
Other businesses also fell victim to the counterfeits. The police department discovered Friday that Crook had six more of the counterfeit bills on him.
Huntsville Police are still looking for another suspect who presented a similar counterfeit as the bill used by Crook at a Five Points business. It has the same serial number.
Anyone with information about the second suspect is asked to call 256-722-7100 or 256-427-7270.
- Huntsville Police arrest suspect on counterfeit money charges
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Athens Police arrest third suspect in recent counterfeit money crimes
- Police searching for counterfeiting suspect
- Man arrested for printing counterfeit money
- Investigation into counterfeit money leads to arrest
- Decatur police need help finding counterfeit money suspects
- Decatur Police seeing increase in counterfeit money
- How to spot counterfeit money
- Man charged with using counterfeit money to buy gun