Maxwell Hayslip, a 26-year-old resident of Irondale, Alabama, was arrested by Huntsville Police on Wednesday for a bank robbery in Lexington, Kentucky.
Police received a call around 8:00 a.m. that involved Hayslip sleeping in a parked vehicle at a lot at University Drive and Paramount Drive. They arrested him for possession of meth.
During the arrest, police found possible evidence of other crimes which led them to contact law enforcement officials in Kentucky. In communicating with them, it was confirmed that Hayslip was a suspect in a bank robbery case in their jurisdiction.
The call to police came from a woman who said she was concerned for Hayslip's safety. She said she was worried that when she looked at him that maybe he'd overdosed.
"He didn't know where he was at, time of day, that kind of stuff," said Anthony Baisden, a Huntsville Police officer.
Hayslip is in the Madison County Jail awaiting his extradition to face charges in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Huntsville Police arrest Irondale man suspected for robbery in Kentucky
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after weekend gas station robbery
- Athens Police arrest gas station robbery suspect
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting
- Tennessee hatchet death suspect arrested in Kentucky
- Four suspects arrested in Atlanta for Huntsville jewelry store robbery
- Huntsville police arrest purse snatching suspect
- Police searching for robbery suspects