Photo Gallery 3 Images
New court documents Include pictures of high-end cars, tools, car parts and other items Simple Helix alleges former CEO Steve Shickles purchased with money he stole from the company.
The company is asking for the seizure of Shickles’ bank accounts and the vehicles and other merchandise stored in warehouses in Huntsville or at his home.
The former CEO of a Huntsville technology firm is facing a theft charge for stealing millions of dollars from the company, according to Huntsville Police.
Huntsville police arrested Steve Shickles, a former board member and CEO of Simple Helix, on Monday on a felony charge of theft of property. He was released on a $30,000 bond.
Simple Helix, an IT management firm, filed a civil suit in Madison County Circuit Court on Jan. 9 alleging Steve Shickles took equipment, loans, personal property and mishandled millions in cash from the company over a period of several years. Some of the funds allegedly came through a Simple Helix PayPal account.
Steve Shickles "abruptly resigned" on Jan. 3, according to the suit.
The complaint was amended Monday to include Ronda Shickles.
The complaint accuses Steve Shickles of Intentional Conversion, Conspiracy to Commit the Intentional Tort of Conversion, Fraud, Conspiracy to Commit Fraud, Breach of Contract, and Breach of Fiduciary Duties,
The complaint accuses Ronda Shickles of Intentional Conversion, Conspiracy to Commit the Intentional Tort of Conversion, and Conspiracy to Commit Fraud.
Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville Police Department spokesman, said the investigation is ongoing.
- Huntsville Police: Ex CEO of local tech firm charged with stealing millions
- Huntsville police: Man charged after renting, stealing truck
- Gambling, tech firms scramble for foothold in sports betting
- Huntsville City Schools saving roughly $1 million a year by switching to new staffing firm
- Huntsville Botanical Garden's CEO retiring in August
- Police: Juveniles steal vehicles from Huntsville Kia, Toyota dealerships
- Small Huntsville firm helped make history for the Saturn V
- Russian firm pleads not guilty to election meddling charge
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Huntsville police charge man with murder