Two years ago the Huntsville Police introduced a Prescription Drug Take Back program by installing a medication drop box in the lobby of the Public Safety Complex.
The drop box has taken in approximately 2,450 pounds of prescription drugs since 2016 and just over 400 pounds were discarded in the last quarter.
Huntsville Police said, anyone with unwanted or expired prescription drugs can discard of them anytime at 815 Wheeler Ave.
- Huntsville Police discarded over 2,450 pounds of prescription drugs
- Huntsville police collect thousands of pounds of prescription drugs
- President wants to lower prescription drug prices
- Huntsville police breaks drug record
- Police find 17 pounds of heroin in drug bust
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day accepts vaping products
- Physician's prescriptions faulted in guitarist's overdose
- Police arrest Huntsville man on drug trafficking charges
- Huntsville Police recover more than $40,000 worth of drugs
- Police: Person stabbed in drug-related Huntsville robbery