Parade organizers say the 2018 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration Parade is canceled.
The Delta Theta Lambda Chapter of Alphi Phi Alpha made the announcement Thursday, as winter weather could leave icy conditions for the Saturday event.
Organizers offered an apology to parade participants for any inconvenience the cancelation brings forth.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing Saturday, and there is a threat for ice accumulation on Friday.
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- Huntsville Havoc parade road closures
- President cancelled military parade due to high cost
- Huntsville Jr. High evacuated after bomb threat
- Huntsville police announce road closures for annual Christmas parade
- Rain cancels Memorial Day ceremony at Huntsville memorial
- Huntsville City Schools cancels special called meeting amid budget 'crisis'
- Huntsville Jr. High student dies from complications of flu
- Milton McGregor, Alabama's gambling king has died