Parade organizers say the 2018 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration Parade is canceled.
The Delta Theta Lambda Chapter of Alphi Phi Alpha made the announcement Thursday, as winter weather could leave icy conditions for the Saturday event.
Organizers offered an apology to parade participants for any inconvenience the cancelation brings forth.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing Saturday, and there is a threat for ice accumulation on Friday.
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled
- Huntsville mayor gets applause, no walkout, during Martin Luther King Jr. award acceptance
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- Local non-profit honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through service
- Volunteers spend Martin Luther King Jr. Day renovating new Boys and Girls Club of Decatur
- Huntsville Havoc parade road closures
- President cancelled military parade due to high cost
- 2018 Madison Christmas Parade cancelled due to weather
- Huntsville Jr. High evacuated after bomb threat