Parade organizers say the 2018 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration Parade is canceled.
The Delta Theta Lambda Chapter of Alphi Phi Alpha made the announcement Thursday, as winter weather could leave icy conditions for the Saturday event.
Organizers offered an apology to parade participants for any inconvenience the cancelation brings forth.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing Saturday, and there is a threat for ice accumulation on Friday.
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled
- Voters decide against keeping Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
- Huntsville mayor gets applause, no walkout, during Martin Luther King Jr. award acceptance
- Dr. Bernice King, daughter of Martin Luther King Jr., speaks at Alabama A&M
- Local non-profit honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through service
- Volunteers spend Martin Luther King Jr. Day renovating new Boys and Girls Club of Decatur
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- Huntsville Havoc parade road closures
- President cancelled military parade due to high cost