Kim Lewis, the new chair of the Huntsville Madison County Chamber of Commerce, is the CEO of Project XYZ, and in her new role, she will help oversee where the chamber of commerce spends its money.
Lewis said she wants to see the chamber continue to help build a workforce that can support the variety of businesses coming to town. She said she wants to do that by educating the community on what career options there are in the area because there's no shortage of opportunity.
"It's not just the Facebooks. It's not just the big Mazda-Toyota that are going to be looking for people. It's every area here in our community where the workforce is an issue, and we just need to make sure people realize all of those opportunities that are out there," Lewis said.
According to the Huntsville Madison County Chamber of Commerce, as of December 2018, unemployment in the Huntsville metro area is down to less than 3 percent.
- Huntsville Madison County Chamber of Commerce board elects new chair
- WATCH: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey speaks to Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce
- Huntsville/Madison County Chamber announces 2019 "Best Places To Work"
- 2019 Small Business Awards winners honored by Huntsville/Madison County Chamber
- Skilled To Work: Huntsville/Madison County Chamber job fair helps hundreds
- Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce holds annual State of Healthcare Forum
- Hartselle Chamber of Commerce to hold 38th Annual Depot Days Festival
- Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles Chair Lyn Head resigns
- I-Team: Alabama Board of Pardons & Paroles chair says the board is "under attack"
- Madison County Commission and school board terminate agreement