New technology at Huntsville Hospital is the first of it's kind in Alabama.
The "Mazor X" is the world's most advanced robotic navigation system for sping surgery, according to the Hospital.
Dr. Brian Scholl told WAAY 31 the robotic system is able to accurately and efficiently perform spine surgery.
"When someone has a big Scoliosis and you have to place 24 screws it takes 30 minutes to place. The robot can do it in 10 minutes. You've save anesthesia time, minimized blood loss, minimized tissue retraction and tissue trauma, so the post operative recovery is a lot easier for the patient," said Dr. Scholl an Orthopedic Surgeon for The Orthopedic Center.
Dr. Scholl told WAAY 31 the device has been used on four surgeries at Huntsville Hospital so far, and all four were successful.
- Surgical robots bound for Alabama
- Huntsville Hospital's new surgical robot first in Alabama
- Huntsville Hospital opens first Infant Nutrition Lab in north Alabama
- Students compete at first Huntsville international robotics competition
- 1 hospitalized in Huntsville shooting
- 18-wheeler crashes into Alabama Robotics Technology Park, catches fire
- Meet Asteroid, Alabama's first hospital facility dog and Huntsville Hospital's new employee
- Will robots take your job?
- Man hospitalized in northwest Huntsville shooting
- One person hospitalized after Huntsville apartment shooting