WAAY 31 is working to learn more about a possible health scare in Madison County.
A viewer alerted us to a waterborne illness somewhere at Huntsville Hospital.
A spokesperson with the hospital confirmed with WAAY 31 that they're working with the Madison County Health Department and State health officials on an investigation into a waterborne illness.
In a statement, the hospital didn't say what building could be impacted.
The health department told us a waterborne illness investigation started last week in Huntsville. However, it does not believe the general public is at risk.
WAAY 31 is still asking questions and working to learn more about what the department believes might have contaminated the water, how the health department and hospital first learned of the problem, and if anyone's sick because of it.
The health department told us it will probably be next week before it answers any of those questions.
- Huntsville Hospital working with Department of Health on waterborne illness investigation
- Waterborne illness investigation underway at Huntsville Hospital Medical Mall
- The Alabama Department of Public Health says, no waterborne bacterium found
- Huntsville Hospital affiliates with Lincoln Health Systems
- Alabama Health Department warns mishandling pool chemicals can lead to illness
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Huntsville police investigating shooting that hospitalized two people
- 1 hospitalized in Huntsville shooting
- Investigators working to determine cause of Huntsville apartment fire
- Civil rights activist Andrew Young hospitalized with illness