A waterborne illness investigation is taking place inside Huntsville Hospital Medical Mall's Wellness Center, according to the hospital's spokesperson.
Huntsville Hospital confirmed it's working with the Alabama Department of Health after two people reported waterborne illnesses after visiting the Wellness Center's whirlpool.
The hospital told us it voluntarily closed the whirlpool and took unknown measures to remedy what could have been in the water of the whirlpool inside the Wellness Center.
Huntsville Hospital told us both people reported to have waterborne illnesses have recovered.
The hospital is still waiting for water results from the Alabama Department of Health after samples were taken from the whirlpool.
The health department told us it will probably be next week before the results are back.
The hospital told us no other illnesses have been reported, and it believes the water at the hospital is safe.
- Waterborne illness investigation underway at Huntsville Hospital Medical Mall
- Huntsville Hospital working with Department of Health on waterborne illness investigation
- One person dead, investigation underway in Huntsville
- Math Summit underway in Huntsville
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- Space Missile Defense Symposium underway in Huntsville
- 1 hospitalized in Huntsville shooting
- Huntsville police investigating shooting that hospitalized two people
- Local retailers have big impact on Huntsville mall's success
- Huntsville Police investigating after overnight shooting victim turns up at Huntsville Hospital