Huntsville High School announced Saturday the school unknowingly played an ineligible player on the boys basketball team this season and will forfeit any wins the player was a part of.
Huntsville High School Principal Aaron King said in a release the school recently learned about the ineligible player and the school made a self-report to the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
King also said Huntsville High School is in the process of notifying the schools they have played in order to correct official records.
The basketball season will continue without the ineligible player, according to King. The release did not specify which player on the Panthers' roster was ineligible or how many games will be forfeited.
- Huntsville High School to forfeit basketball wins due to ineligible player
- Huntsville High School forfeiting wins after using 'ineligible boys basketball player'
- Huntsville High School basketball team back on the court after forfeiting wins
- Fayetteville High School football wins taken away after player ruled ineligible
- NCAA rules Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible for season
- Huntsville High School closed Wednesday due to power issues
- UNA basketball players receive top honors
- North Alabama players up for Mr. Basketball
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher resigns
- Fight broke out at Huntsville High School