A student at Huntsville High School was arrested Thursday.
Police confirm the student air-dropped threats onto other students' phones at school.
Police have not revealed what the threat said or who the teen suspect is.
This email was sent Thursday afternoon from Huntsville High School's principal:
Dear Parents & Guardians,
I wanted to take a moment to inform you of an issue that we are dealing with at Huntsville High this afternoon so you could have accurate information and dispel any rumors.
Our administration received information about a threat made directed at our school. In an abundance of caution, we treat all threats as if they are serious, using all available resources, including our security department and law enforcement, to investigate, and we have identified the source. There is no threat at this time.
We wanted to make you aware of the situation to keep you informed. Please take a moment and remind your children that making any threat on a public school, business or other establishment is never a joke. The district will impose the strongest penalty possible on the individuals responsible. Ensuring the safety of your children is one of our most important jobs.
If you or your child has any information, please share that with me or my school staff, or use our “Anonymous Alerts” feature on our school website. I appreciate your continued support of a safe learning environment for our students.
Aaron King, M.Ed., Ed.S.
- Police: Huntsville High School student arrested for air-dropping threats onto other students' phones
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat
- Student arrested for making terrorist threat to Elkmont High School
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Student in custody after Pisgah High School social media threat
- Student arrested for making threats at Douglas Schools
- Huntsville High School creates additional parking for students
- Students surprise teacher at Lee High School in Huntsville
- Student arrested after making threat at Section High School, officials say
- Police: Montgomery County Student posts threat to high school on Facebook