Classes were canceled Wednesday at Huntsville High School after storms caused power issues at the school.
Huntsville City Schools spokesman Keith Ward said they did not know when power might be restored at the school after storms swept through the area Tuesday night, so the decision was made to call off school for the day. Huntsville High School was the only school affected.
Power was restored to the school around 8:30 a.m., according to Huntsville Utilities.
Strong winds knocked down trees and power lines across the area Tuesday night. Huntsville Utilities was working to restore power Wednesday morning.
- Huntsville High School closed Wednesday due to power issues
- School closings due to weather
- Marshall Co. schools closing due to flu
- School closings and delays due to weather
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher resigns
- Fight broke out at Huntsville High School
- Marshall County Schools closed until Tuesday due to flu
- Attendance improves after schools close due to flu
- Huntsville music survey closes Monday
- Limestone County roads closed due to flooding