BREAKING NEWS Madison Police investigate deadly shooting at the Wall Triana Kroger Full Story

Huntsville Fire responds to house fire on Teejay Circle

Fire officials say no one was in the home at the time of the fire

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 6:30 PM
Updated: Jul 12, 2019 10:42 AM

UPDATE from Huntsville Fire Capt. Frank McKenzie:

Crews found heavy fire in the kitchen and attic area above the kitchen. Firefighters rapidly extinguished the blaze. All electricity and water was shut-off from the home.

Three adults were displaced and are currently residing with other family members.

Unattended cooking is the cause of the fire. Please remind residents that the number one cause of house fires in Huntsville and the nation in unattended cooking and can be stopped.

Under no circumstances, leave anything unattended while cooking.

From earlier:

Huntsville Fire and Rescue says a call came in around 5:53 p.m. for a house fire on Teejay Circle.

Fire officials say no one was in the home at the time of the fire, and the damage is mainly to the attic and is severe. Crews say there is minor damage in the home's living space.

Huntsville police and Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc. also responded to the fire.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 60°
Florence
Overcast
67° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 67°
Fayetteville
Few Clouds
57° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 57°
Decatur
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 60°
Scottsboro
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 57°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

Community Events