A family in north Huntsville is without a home after their house caught fire Saturday evening.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue responded to the fire in the 2400 block of Mount Vernon Road, which is near Blue Spring Road, around 7:10 p.m.
When they arrived, there was smoke coming from the home and flames were visible.
Captain Frank McKenzie said two adults and two children were displaced as a result of the fire. One of the adults was treated for smoke inhalation.
Two dogs were also in the home during the fire, an adult dog and a puppy. Both were rescued. McKenzie said they were both lifeless when they were pulled from the home, but they were able to be revived on scene by firefighters.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 2 adults, 2 children displaced following Huntsville house fire
- 4 displaced after house fire in Huntsville
- 2 displaced in Huntsville house fire
- Huntsville fire: 2 displaced after shed fire reaches house
- 4 displaced after house fire on Princess Street in Huntsville
- Fire in South Huntsville displaces family
- 5 displaced after early Friday Huntsville fire
- Two people displaced in morning house fire
- Family of 10 displaced after house fire
- Huntsville event aims to help special needs children, adults, families