Huntsville Fire and Rescue is investigating how an early morning house fire started.
Fire crews said the call went out just after 6:15 Wednesday morning about a house fire on the 4500 block of Sparkman Drive. Someone driving by the home saw smoke and called 911. When firefighters arrived, they said heavy smoke had filled the house. They believe the fire started in the bedroom, but officials say the entire house sustained smoke damage. Firefighters said no one was home at the time of the fire and they have not been able to locate the homeowners.
A portion of Brookline Drive and Sparkman was closed off by Huntsville Police while firefighters worked to put out hot spots.
Crews are working to determine how the fire started.
- Huntsville Fire responds to early morning fire
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Huntsville Fire crews battle early morning house fire
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Huntsville man dies in house fire early Saturday morning
- Firefighters respond to fire in Huntsville neighborhood
- Huntsville firefighters respond to vacant house fire
- Huntsville firefighters respond to fire on carport
- Firefighters respond to Huntsville house fire
- 5 displaced after early Friday Huntsville fire