Deputy Derrick Stuckey of Huntsville Fire and Rescue says one person was found dead inside the home.
He said it it not yet known if the person died before or during the fire.
Huntsville police say the victim is a male, and the fire is being investigated as arson. Police said this is standard protocol because there is a death.
The fire began about 6:13 a.m. and firefighters found the house fully involved.
Firefighters are working on putting out hotspots now.
The area will be blocked off for awhile.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue are on the scene of a house fire in south Huntsville.
Crews responded to the scene in the 13000 block of Wyandotte Drive around 6:20 a.m. Thursday morning.
WAAY 31 has a crew on the scene and will update this story with the latest information.
- Man found dead inside Huntsville house fire, arson investigation underway
- One person dead, investigation underway in Huntsville
- Fire at Huntsville business investigated as arson
- Arson investigation underway after 'suspicious fire' in Morgan County
- Huntsville house fire leaves inside destroyed
- Huntsville police investigating after man found dead in alley
- 3 people found dead in Athens; homicide investigation underway
- Body found inside south Huntsville home
- Update: Homicide investigation underway in Huntsville
- Huntsville firefighters investigating overnight house fire