Utility companies in North Alabama are finding ways to help customers as the coronavirus spreads.
Huntsville and Decatur Utilities both say they won't shut off your services due to non-payment for a period of time.
Customers aren't completely off the hook, and the payments are just delayed. Huntsville Utilities said there will be the usual fees that go along with not paying on time. For customers with Decatur Utilities, payments can be delayed up until March 27 and April 6 for Huntsville customers.
Decatur Utilities has closed its lobby so customers will need to find other ways to pay like online or over the phone. Decatur Utilities added that some scammers are working to take advantage of customers during this time. The company says it will never call to demand payment over the phone.
- Huntsville, Decatur Utilities delaying shut-off of service because of coronavirus
- Huntsville Utilities temporarily shut off water to these streets
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville Utilities explains energy consumption
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam
- Decatur Utilities conducts Natural Gas Inspections
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Decatur Utilities warns customers about scammers
- Decatur Utilities warns about scam calls
- Decatur Utilities warn against recent scam