On Thursday, the Huntsville City Schools Board of Education announced that Tina Hancock was voted the district's new chief school financial officer.
The district's top five candidates, Vernon Bice, Tina Hancock, G. Michael Manuel, Jeff Middleton and LaVerne Williams, were released on January 31. Each board member nominated a candidate at Thursday's meeting, and they voted from that list.
Hancock is currently a chief school financial officer with Hoover City Schools.
This job search came after the board accepted the resignation of the former chief school financial officer, Bob Hagood, in December. When Hagood resigned, the district was still short more than $2 million of the state required one month fund.
- Huntsville City Schools announces new chief school financial officer
- Huntsville City Schools announces Top 5 chief financial officer candidates
- Huntsville City School Board to announce choice for chief financial officer
- Huntsville City Schools aims to appoint new chief school financial officer by mid-February
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Resigns
- Huntsville City Schools CFO resigns
- Huntsville City Schools board member Pam Hill announces resignation
- Huntsville School Resource Officers host summer camp
- Huntsville City Schools can't fund state requirement
- Superintendent Akin leaving Huntsville City Schools