"I try to vote on the local scale when I am informed about it. I'm just not this time," said Austin Smith.
Austin Smith told me right now he doesn't really know anything about the candidates running next Tuesday.
He’s not alone. Most voters we talked to said the exact same thing
Three city council and one board of education seat is up for grabs.
The Huntsville City Council is in charge of things like Huntsville involvement in construction on parks, business development and even growing the Huntsville music scene to name a few.
"It's on the candidates and their campaigns I mean they should be doing what they can to inform the public but its also on the public, too," said Smith.
36 year Huntsville resident Derek Bowe takes it upon himself to look into local candidates.
"I'm going to be doing some research because when I vote I like to be sure who I'm voting for," Derek Bowe.
He told us he always make a serious effort to vote. "Its a shock that people would not go out and vote because so many people have died and worked really hard for us to be able to exercise this right," said Derek Bowe.
"We should be doing our part and take the time to seek information and find it out and I think a lot of people don't take the time to do that," said Austin Smith.
The specific districts on the ballot are 2, 3 and 4 on the Huntsville City Council and district 4 on the Huntsville School Board.
- Huntsville City Council and School Board elections are right around the corner
- Huntsville City Council accepting applications for school board position
- Huntsville City Council interviews candidates for vacant school board spot
- Huntsville City Council runoff election Tuesday
- Huntsville City School Board member arrested
- Huntsville City Council candidate won't seek election results recount
- Huntsville city council pushes vote on city schools leasing agreement
- Sheffield students elect Junior City Council members
- Huntsville City Schools Board of Education member might be censured
- Huntsville City School board postpones Pre-K tuition vote