The Huntsville Board of Education is interviewing candidates for the chief financial officer position.
The five finalists are Robert Terry, James Brumley, Teresa Hill, Brian Stewart and Byron Jones.
The first candidate to receive three votes will be appointed. The process will be repeated if no nominee gets the votes. This vote could happen as early as Dec. 10 at their next meeting.
The last person to hold the position, Tina Hancock, stepped down in October after just eight months on the job. She took over for Bob Hagood, who resigned from the position one month after reporting a $2 million deficit under his watch. According to the district, the budget deficit has been resolved for the current fiscal year.
The interviews will air on ETV and the Huntsville City Schools website on Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. They will air again on ETV from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. The district says ETV can be found on Comcast channel 17, WOW channel 3 and over the air on WHIQ 25.5.
Interview videos will also be posted to the Huntsville City Schools website by Tuesday at 5 p.m. You will be able to find them here.
The district says the candidates will be interviewed at these times:
- 8:30 a.m. Robert Terry
- 9:15 a.m. James Brumley
- 10:00 a.m. Teresa Hill
- 10:45 a.m. Brian Stewart
- 11:30 a.m. Byron Jones
- Huntsville Board of Education interviewing candidates for chief financial officer position
- Huntsville City Schools announces Top 5 chief financial officer candidates
- Madison City Council interviews for board of education position
- Huntsville City Council interviews candidates for vacant school board spot
- Huntsville City School Board to announce choice for chief financial officer
- Huntsville City Schools announces new chief school financial officer
- Huntsville City Schools names interim chief financial officer
- Huntsville Board of Education approves 2019 budget
- Madison County School Board interviews finalists for superintendent position
- Huntsville City Council accepting applications for school board position