Some changes could be coming to Huntsville for people who own rental properties. Tuesday the Huntsville Area Association of Realtors held a forum to discuss it. Huntsville City Council is considering a rental registration system, to curb absentee landlords.
The forum gave realtors and property managers an opportunity to share their thoughts. The group's president said they want to be sure realtors and property managers are involved in the conversation and are able to help find a solution.
"We want to protect the investors who own the rental properties. But we also want to protect the neighborhoods and the communities from a decrease in value from absentee landlords," said Cindi Peters-Tanner the president of the Huntsville Area Association of Realtors.
City Council is also considering making inspections a requirement each time a property is turned. They'll likely discuss it at their June 12th meeting.
- Huntsville Area Association of Realtors hold forum to discuss proposed new ordinance
- Decatur holds public hearing on new alcohol ordinance proposal
- GOP Gubernatorial Forum in Huntsville
- Huntsville proposes new amphitheater
- North Huntsville group to host political forum
- Huntsville police address confusion surrounding firework ordinance
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Realtors in real danger
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville City Schools holds forum to educate parents of school dangers
- Huntsville Area Crime Stoppers holding 18th Annual Auction