A fire in Huntsville this morning is under investigation after damaging four apartment units.
The fire happened right off Zeirdt Road at the Colonial Grand at Edgewater apartment complex.
Around 10:30 Friday morning Huntsville Fire Rescue received a call about the apartment complex fire, and Huntsville Fire Rescue hasn't confirmed what caused the fire.
People inside one of the apartments told WAAY 31 with the cooler weather they started making a fire inside their fireplace.
"it was something so innocent to try and stay warm because she had not had heat for a little while, after asking the apartment to fix that, we were doing what we could responsibly to maintain heat," said Melissa Jarrell who was visiting her friend.
Jarrell told WAAY 31 they had no idea tragedy was about to strike her best friend almost a year after she faced her own tragedy.
"One of the reasons I'm here to see Heather this weekend is because one year ago today on Thanksgiving David and I lost our 3 month old son in his sleep," she said.
Jarrell shared with me that her best friend helped her when her son unexpectedly died, and she told me she doesn't think its by chance that she was with her friend with the fire started.
"She was my strength and comfort and a rock for me. There's a reason I was brought here this weekend because it's my turn," she said.
All of the friends are thankful that no one was hurt.
Huntsville Fire Rescue is still trying to determine the official cause of the fire.
- Huntsville apartment complex fire under investigation
- Fire reported in Huntsville apartment
- Apartment complex hires Huntsville police after overnight shooting
- Huntsville Police swarm apartment complex after New Year's Eve shooting
- One victim dies after shooting at Huntsville apartment complex
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Huntsville apartment complex has two fires in less than a month
- One person hurt in Huntsville apartment fire
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Man charged after Athens apartment complex shooting