Huntsville Animal Services said it's so overcrowded right now, it's offering discounted adoptions.
Workers told WAAY 31 they've taken in 65 dogs in the past three days, and they have no more room to take in any more. They don't know what's causing so many stray dogs, but it's possible the city's "no-chain ordinance" that began in March could be one reason.
"There seems to be a few more dogs here that have the big old collar that was around them that are usually used to chain them with. It's a buckle collar that's really wide to distribute the pressure. We've seen more of those collars or wear patterns where they were wearing a collar," said Huntsville Animal Services Director, Karen Sheppard.
Through March 23, the shelter is hosting a "Name-your-price" event. You show up to rescue a dog, name your price and take home a pet. Restrictions may apply with some breeds.
- Huntsville Animal Services hosting adoption special because of overcrowding
- Huntsville Animal Service holding adoption special
- Huntsville Animal Servies hosts SPACE adoption special
- Huntsville Animal Services holding free adoption special in June
- Huntsville Animal Services holding cat adoption special through July 6th
- Free adoptions at Huntsville Animal Services
- The Huntsville animal shelter is offering a Valentine adoption special
- $5 adoptions at Huntsville Animal Services through July 31st
- $5 adoptions throughout July at Huntsville Animal Services
- Huntsville Animal Services offers free adoptions through the holidays