Photo Gallery 1 Images
A Huntsville police officer has been released from the hospital after chasing 33-year-old Chad David Terry who robbed the Dollar General in New Market at 7:15 a.m. on Sunday and then attempted to rob the McDonald's on Winchester Road and Homer Nance Road.
Multiple witnesses called authorities. When Madison County deputies and Huntsville police responded, they chased Terry down Winchester Road asking him to pull over. Officials said he continued speeding before the stolen vehicle he was in broke down in the Kroger parking lot on Moores Mill Road.
The Huntsville police officer injured his knee while chasing Terry by foot in a ditch. Authorities said the officer twisted his knee, but he is expected to recover just fine.
- Huntsville officer injured after robbery leads to police chase
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Huntsville Police: teenager injured after leading police on a chase, crashing into utility pole
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police looking for man who injured police officer
- Huntsville police investigating chase, UAH officer-involved shooting
- Burglary suspects lead police on chase
- Huntsville police, Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating similar robberies
- Huntsville police officer injured in wreck on Interstate 565