BENTON, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say hunters have found skeletal remains in a remote area of a national park in Tennessee.
News outlets report a body was found Monday by hunters in the Cherokee National Forest near Benton. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Susan Niland said Tuesday that a team from the University of Tennessee Anthropology Center in Knoxville is working with officials on the investigation.
The area where the remains were found also is called Chilhowee Mountain and Bean Mountain. The condition of the remains is unclear.
- Hunters find human remains in Tennessee
- Remains of WWII Army private returning home to Tennessee
- Human remains found inside following Limestone County house fire
- Human remains found in 18-year-old cold case
- Manhunt underway in Tennessee
- Researchers find cancer connection in humans and dogs
- Billy Hunter experiences damage from Monday's storm
- NASA's planet-hunter TESS makes first discoveries
- Human remains found at New Mexico compound are missing Georgia boy
- Human remains found at scrap yard traced back to Georgia funeral home