Hundreds of people in Ardmore gathered for a candlelight vigil Thursday night to honor and remember LaKresha Somerville.
Her family and friends sang her favorite songs and wore her favorite color, purple, in remembrance. Purple also represents raising awareness against domestic violence. Lakresha's estranged husband Fred Somerville is accused of killing her and 74 year old bruce Cosman last week.
One of LaKresha's long time friends still can't believe she's gone, "I feel like I have lost a part of my own heart. She was such a special person," said April Robison.
The Limestone County District Attorney's Office told WAAY 31 they cannot comment about the status of their investigation.
Right now, Fred Somerville is in the Pickens County Jail facing a capital murder charge.
- Hundreds gather for candlelight vigil honoring LaKresha Somerville in Ardmore
- Community gathers for candlelight vigil
- Hundreds show support at candlelight vigil for fallen Huntsville officer
- Child killed in wreck honored at Limestone County candlelight vigil
- Community remembers teens with candlelight vigil
- Candlelight vigil to be held for 3-year-old shooting victim
- Candlelight vigil held for Officer Billy Clardy III
- Damage near Ardmore
- Hundreds gather in Huntsville to honor Officer Billy Clardy III
- 9 suspects arrested in Somerville drug bust